Financial Computing (2006-)
Clack's research focuses on the application of Computer Science in Finance. For example, Financial Computing research has drawn on Clack's expertise in Genetic Computation (GC), Multi-Agent Simulation (MAS), and Functional Programming:
- to develop new techniques for stock-picking that provide robust performance in volatile environments;
- to develop new techniques for managing multi-objective investment portfolios;
- to improve the performance of financial time series analysis;
- to explore the behaviour of markets; and
- to model and analyse dynamic coupling and feedback loops in financial markets.